In the spirit of blogging how I want to, I think this Dewey’s Readathon, I’m going to blog like I did in that very first 24-Readathon. By updating on my blog every hour or so. (Okay, it’s actually unlikely that I’ll blog every hour…I’m just too damn lazy for that.) But I’m not going to worry about inundating people’s feed readers by posting too often, because not having told people about this blog, I’m unlikely to be in their feed readers, now aren’t I? 😉
The pre-game necessities:
1. Chores done in advance so there’s no nagging voices interrupting spirit of calm relaxation tomorrow. CHECK.
2. The comfy clothes set aside, both for day time and for evening/night. CHECK.
3. The foodstuffs gathered. (It goes without saying that this one is vital!) CHECK.
Never claimed to be shooting for healthy here.
4. The coffee ground and ready to be brewed in the morning. CHECK.
5. And duh! The book pile. CHECK.
This is the Friday afternoon iteration. It has changed slightly from its original creation, and is subject to continued change. As it is now, I’ve got a pretty good mix though: fiction, non-fiction, comics, short stories, poetry, and an audio book. Also, not pictured, I’m keeping Difficult Women (essays) in mind from my iPad, as well as comics from Marvel Unlimited. So yeah, seems like I’ve got something for nearly every mood.
And while there’s nothing exactly to prepare, one of the best parts of the day shall be chatting with friends and cheering on fellow readers.
Remembering Dewey is most definitely not exclusive to readathon day, but it is always a huge part of it. I’m so blessed to have friends who miss her, who love her as much as I do. I’m so blessed to have had her in my life. #missyouDewey